As a long time Verizon Customer and self proclaimed Verizon nut, I’m super excited to share with you the news that Verizon residential consumers can now order the company’s fastest-ever FiOS Internet service, which features heightened flexibility for consumers to order personalized bundles to match their lifestyles.
The new speeds, available in a range of double- and triple-play bundles, plus stand-alone service, offer significant choices for consumers to meet their rapidly expanding needs for online entertainment, news, information communications and e-commerce. These needs have generated a rising demand for faster home broadband service.
“A revolution in speed has arrived,” said Bob Mudge, president of Verizon’s consumer and mass market business unit. “The new FiOS Internet speed and bundle options provide incredible value, and represent the most significant mass scale, consumer broadband speed enhancement in the nation in the past decade.”
The new FiOS Internet tiers containing the highest speeds are named FiOS Quantum and feature download/upload speeds of 50/25, 75/35, 150/65 and 300/65 megabits per second (Mbps). Three of those speeds 75/35, 150/65 and 300/65 — are twice as fast as those previously offered.¹ In addition, Verizon will continue to offer its entry-level speed of 15/5 Mbps.
This is a must have when your a tech savvy mom with a blog and a teenager who needs to be online at all times or he starts going cold turkey. lol. Or if you have a lot of devices and gadgets that need to connect to internet!
The two highest downstream speed offers – 150 and 300 Mbps – and the new 65 Mbps upstream speed are by a wide margin the nation’s fastest, mass scale residential Internet speeds available. By contrast, the fastest Internet speeds offered by cable-company challengers top out at 105 Mbps downstream and 20 Mbps upstream. (This FiOS Internet speed grid shows specific examples of the benefits of faster downstream and upstream speeds.)
Existing FiOS customers can upgrade to the new bundles and enjoy the faster speeds anytime, with no upgrade fee.² While the majority of existing FiOS customers will pay $10 to $15 more per month to double or triple their Internet speed, they may be able to adjust their FiOS TV tiers as desired and pay roughly the same monthly total that they pay now.
“Consumers will receive great value from the FiOS Quantum speeds and our customizable bundles,” said Mike Ritter, chief marketing officer for Verizon’s consumer and mass market business unit. “As consumers stream and watch more movies, sports and shows in their homes on devices other than traditional TVs, such as smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, smart TVs and Blu-ray players, they need faster broadband to enhance their experience.”
Flexible Bundle Options Give Prospective Consumers Greater Choice!
For new customers, prices of triple-play bundles of 15/5 Mbps FiOS Internet, FiOS TV and FiOS Digital Voice unlimited calling will range from $99.99 to $144.99 per month, depending upon which FiOS TV package is ordered. The packages are: Prime, with more than 200 channels and more than 50 HD channels; Extreme, with more than 290 channels and more than 70 HD channels; and Ultimate, with more than 380 channels plus premium movie channels, and more than 110 HD channels).
- Double-play bundles of the 15/5 Mbps FiOS Internet and FiOS TV range from $84.99 to $129.99 per month. Stand-alone 15/5 Mbps service costs $69.99 per month on a month-to-month basis, and $64.99 per month with a two-year contract.
- Triple-play bundles of the 50/25 Mbps speed range from $109.99 to $149.99 per month for new customers. Double-play bundles with FiOS TV range from $94.99 to $134.99 per month. The stand-alone version costs $79.99 per month on a month-to-month basis, and $74.99 with a two-year contract.
- Triple-play bundles of the new 75/35 Mbps speed range from $114.99 to $154.99 per month for new subscribers. Double-play bundles with FiOS TV range from $99.99 to $139.99 per month. The stand-alone costs $89.99 per month on a month-to-month basis, and $84.99 with a two-year contract.
- Triple-play bundles of 150/65 Mbps speed range from $169.99 to $174.99 per month for new FiOS customers. Double-play bundles with FiOS TV range from $154.99 to $159.99 per month. The stand-alone costs $99.99 per month on a month-to-month basis, and $94.99 with a two-year contract.
- The new 300/65 Mbps tier, offered as a stand-alone only, costs $209.99 per month on a month-to-month basis, and $204.99 with a two-year contract.¹
The FiOS Quantum speed tiers in particular will help consumers enjoy connecting to desired content anytime and anywhere, said Ritter. The fastest speeds will also help consumers take advantage of the rise in bandwidth-intensive activities, the increased number of Internet-connected devices being used simultaneously under the same roof and the growing popularity of watching over-the-top video programming.
To me I would pay ANY price for Verizon FiOS as you can’t beat their service and speed of their internet. I know I hate dealing with cable outages and no internet for days because the cable company takes forever to come fix it! I highly recommend Verizon FiOS if you’re in a FiOS area! Run and don’t walk to get these great deals while you can!
Also check out the Back to School FiOS Twitter Party happening August 8th!
Back to School with FiOS Twitter Party on Twitter!
Wednesday, August 8th, from 9 to 10:30 PM EST
Hashtag: #SomosFiOS Follow: @SomosFios
***Disclosure: I will be compensated for this post as part of the Verizon FiOS Somos FiOS Influencer program. I am an affiliate of this site and I am sharing this for the benefit of my readers. All opinions are my own.***