Being a parent we all know is no easy task. We all don’t know what we’re doing when we first become parents and sometimes we never even expected to become parents and are thrown into becoming a parent. Being a parent at a very young age can make you realize just how hard it is to be one and it can come with a lot of Messes and Stresses.
Don’t get me wrong, being a parent is one of the greatest achievements I could ever have in my life, but at the same time it can be one of the biggest stresses I could ever have in my life. And having to take on the roll of parent to care of family like their your own kids can also be another stress.
I’m thankful that I think I do a pretty good job of managing a teenager as well as a 2 year old, and 7 year old. The teenager is the hardest to manage believe it or not. It’s not easy having teenagers! I thought when they get older they should be so much easier to handle, sadly not the case.
Here are my tips I Tackle Parenting’s Messes and Stresses!
- Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk. I literally mean that. I remember I used to get so crazed when things would spill onto the carpet and kill myself to clean it asap. Now I clean it asap but spills don’t phase me any more. Honestly save yourself a lot of stress and time by realizing when you have kids spills and mess will happen on a daily basis so just let it go and don’t stress about it.
- Don’t stress over the Small Stuff. With an overly dramatic teenager, I can find myself often stressing over him coming home one minute late. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt now and not yell at him every time he’s late. Teenagers are on their way to full on adulthood and you have to be ready to let go a little.
- Get some Me Time! You have to make time for yourself as a parent or you will go nuts. Plain and simple. If you do nothing for yourself, you honestly can’t be healthy mentally for your children and family. You need to find sometime for yourself so you can just be yourself.
Huggies has some great tips as well Like…
- Diaper Bag Distractions. Raising two small children can be tricky – they want to get their hands into everything! That’s why we always stock our diaper bag with small toys, a few snacks, books and Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers with improved Leak Lock. They absorb faster and keep our baby dryer longer, so he stays happy no matter where we are.
- Prep for Family House Guests. If you have small children, you’ve probably already baby-proofed your house. But when you have guests with their own children coming over, it’s always a good time to go through the house again. Make sure cleaning supplies and medications are stored safely away, put padding on sharp table corners and remove fragile items like glass vases and frames from low surfaces.
- Have Wipes On Hand. Disposable wipes are crucial in any household with a baby. We have tubs of wipes all over the house, not just the nursery, and use them for everything from diaper changing to dinner clean up. The new and improved Huggies Natural Care Wipes are great to clean up little hands and faces after a family meal because they are gentle and fragrance-free for soft baby skin.
Parents are encouraged to try the new and improved Huggies Diapers and Wipes by putting Huggies to the test on Facebook! Parents can go to the Huggies Latino Facebook Page to share stories about Huggies for a chance to win a fully-stocked Huggies diaper bag. Furthermore, to help spread the word about this fun campaign, Huggies has collaborated with Poncho de Anda and Lina Amashta to put Huggies to the test during life’s stresses and messes.
“By documenting Poncho and Lina’s parenting experiences and giving others the opportunity to watch, relate to and learn from them, we hope to give Hispanic parents a sense of empowerment and connectedness,” said Erik Seidel, vice president, Huggies Marketing. “Poncho and Lina have unique insights to offer on keeping up with busy careers and still making time for their family, and they can also show others how some of our new and improved products can help make their lives a little easier.”
On the Huggies Facebook page, parents can also:
Become a fan and share tips and stories with other Huggies parents!
Tell us how they’ve put new and improved Huggies diapers and wipes to the test for a chance to win a fully-stocked Huggies diaper bag! Visit the Huggies Latino Facebook Page and Like the page, share tips/stories with other Huggies parents and to participate in the contest to win a fully stocked Huggies diaper bag!
Disclosure: This was a compensated campaign from Latina Bloggers Connect and Huggies. All opinions are my own.