So I just got this brand spanking new Kitchen Aid mixer and I couldn’t wait for the perfect opportunity to use it. Disney was amazing enough to give me a reason to use it! In honor of the AMAZING release of Marvel’s The Avengers Disney sent me these amazing Williams Sonoma Marvel Cookie Cutters and this Hulk spatula.
As you can see I have the entire line of Marvel William Sonoma products now since I’m obsessed with their products. I kid you not I have all their Star Wars products. I digress. I sadly first attempted to make some cookies when I got home from work. That was a big mistake!
I mean honestly it was like a cookie massacre first time around. Please know that at this time it’s like 1am and I can barely keep my eyes open. Baking at night is a big no no since everyone who would normally help you aka the kids and fiance were all asleep.
Now I love to bake and cook, hence why I bought the Kitchen Aid and I felt terrible about how my cookies came out. So I contacted my friend Wendy who is a professional cookie maker and she gave me some great tips on how to make the icing and she also told me what I needed to do make great looking cookies. Getting the Royal Icing right was the hardest thing for me to do 1st time around. I wasn’t going to let it defeat me. So I ran out and got an arsenal of things to make my cookies. I came home with the drive to make some nice looking cookies!
I came home and got to making some new cookies.
I first made the dough. Then I put it in the fridge for an hour so it would get a little harder. Once it was hard I started to make the cookies. As soon as I took them out of the oven I immediately noticed they looked already so much better.
As the cookies cooled I started to make the Royal Icing and all the colors that went into decorating all the cookies.
I then started to ice the cookies by flooding each of the main colors on to the cookie first then letting them dry.
The kids got in on the action action by helping me mix colors. I didn’t let them ice the cookies as I was on a mission to make these look semi good for my own sanity. Once I finished icing them this is how they came out.
For only my second time making icing and cookies from scratch I think they came out pretty good! Below are the best cookies out of the bunch!
These cookies are going to be perfect for The Avengers party we’ll be having. I just need to make more and more cookies and I should make them better and better! Practice makes perfect!
If you want to make these cookies yourself DOWNLOAD this Marvel cookie decorating guide!
And see the recipe below for the recipe I made up from the tips my friend Wendy gave me:
|Marvel’s The Avengers Cookie Adventures! #theavengersevent #avengers||
- Sugar Cookie recipe:
- 2 1/2 sticks salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/12 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- Royal Icing:
- 8 cups Powdered/confectioners Sugar a 2 lb bag is 8 cups
- 10 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp meringue powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time, then almond extract and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly. Add flour one cup at a time until dough comes together. Separate dough into four balls, flatten into discs and refrigerate for at least an hour. When ready, take one disc at a time from the fridge to work with. Roll to about 1/4″ thickness on parchment paper. Cut and bake statue cookies first before starting on stands*. Bake on cookie sheets on the parchment used for rolling. Bake 8-10 minutes or until just a hint of golden brown is showing on edges of cookies.
- For Icing:
- Sift your sugar first. Pour ingredients for your Icing into your mixer and mix on low for about 2 mins and make sure you scrap the sides. When you drag your spatula through it count to 10 it should level out so you don’t see the line anymore if it goes faster add a little more sugar . Like 1/4 cup.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do!
MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS Hits Theaters May 4th! “Like” MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MarvelsTheAvengers
Disclosure: I was not compensated in any way for this post. I received these cookie cutters as part of the Disney/Marvel The Avengers Event I will be attending. All opinions are my own.